Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Few of my Favortie Things...

I'm starting this blog as an outlet mostly, to share my love of the southern lifestyle I've grown up in...food, faith, family, fitness and fashion will be the main topics of my posts and I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say as much as I enjoy sharing it! Feel free to comment, ask questions, make suggestions,etc.

My Favorites:

Place: Charleston, SC...hands down! Everything I love is here; water, friendly people, amazing food, great shopping and the list goes on. My love affair with the Holy City is one of deep and abiding affection.
Food: This is a very hard decision. I love to cook and bake and experience new foods native to the places we travel, but I guess my favorite food would have to be lowcountry food, especially crabcakes and Palmetto Cheese!

Restaurant: I am not a fan of fast food franchises (except Chik-Fil-A!), and when my husband and I travel, we love to eat at the places where the locals eat, but sometimes, we fall in love with the "touristy" places, too. My favorite lunch place in Charleston is a toss up betweem Jestine's Kitchen and Poogan's Porch. Both are absolutely incredible!

Sport: This one's easy! I've coached competitive cheerleading for the last 5 + years and cheered from 4th grade on through my collegiate career and I absolutely love everything about this sport. It helped make me the person I am today. I currently coach an All Girl, small Senior allstar 3 team at the Centre Academy in Maysville. SEC football is also a HUGE part of my life on Saturday's in the fall. GO DAWGS!

Music: Gotta be country, no big suprise there. There's just something so salt of the earth about country music and the majority of the artist's who sing it.  Nowadays, it seems a more pop sounds is spreading throughout country, but that's another great thing about the genre, they accept all kinds!

No comments:

Post a Comment