Friday, January 27, 2012

Southern Living Pecan Pie


Inredients:
1 refrigerated pie crust (I made my own for this recipe, I hate store bought)
1 tbsp powdered sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter melted, then cooled to room temp
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp bourbon (I used Woodford Reserve)
1 1/2 cups pecan halves

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Work piecrust to fit a 10 inch cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle pie crust with powdered sugar.
Wisk eggs into a large bowl until foamy, then whisk in brown sugar and next 6 ingredients. Pour mixture into pie crust and top with pecan halves. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake another 30 minutes. turn the over off, but leave the pie in there, door closed for an additional 3 hours.  (This was the hardest part for my husband!). The photo above is my pie prepared to go into the oven to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment