Friday, January 13, 2012

Strawberry Salad~ A Healthy Treat


I'm not even exaggerating in the slightest when I say this is the BEST salad I've ever made, so obviously, I make it all the time! And it's healthy to boot, shut the front door!

Salad:
Red leaf lettuce
Strawberries (I buy organic)
Gorgonzola cheese
Pecans
I do these per serving, so I'm not giving specific amounts on the above. You can make a huge bowl for everyone to be served from, or just a small bowl for yourself. Tear the lettuce into pieces and drop into a bowl. The strawberries need quartered, the pecans, I just rough chop or break apart iwth my hands. Drop those into the bowl before shaking some gorgonzola on top. Dressing recipe follows. 
Dressing:
1/3 cup Extra virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinagrette
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pour all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Drizzle over salad just before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment